Gnu Go patches
Everything from before 3.0.0 has been moved to
Old and in the Way.
Current patches may be found at the
GNU Go development page.
Patches in GNU Go 3.6
Patches in the CVS for 3.7.2
Patches in GNU Go 3.7.1
Patches in GNU Go 3.6-pre4
Patches in 3.6-pre3 (3.5.13)
Patches in the CVS for 3.5.10
Patches in the CVS for 3.6-pre1 (3.5.11)
Patches in the CVS for 3.6-pre2 (3.5.12)
- nando_5_7.1. Compile fix for VC/Tru64.
- paul_7_1.2. Reoptimized `.dtr' files.
- paul_7_1.1. Minor `view.pike' improvements to eliminate errors/warnings on some systems.
Patches in 3.5.9
Patches in 3.5.8
Patches in 3.5.7
Patches in 3.5.6
Patches in 3.5.5
- html_pdf_doc_5_5.1a. HTML and PDF documentation support in doc/Makefile.
- warning_5_5.1. Moves
definition of TRACE_READ_RESULTS to hash.h.
- arend_5_5.15. Initialize lunch data for single owl move.
- arend_5_5.14. chainlinks in compute_eyes_pessimistic() have to be initialized
- splee_5_5.2. SGF traces revised.
- Test results updated. CVS tag rel-3-5-5-pre-2.
- arend_5_5.13. Use new cache in semeai and connection reading, along with a couple of fixes.
- arend_5_5.12. After-lunch walk.
- arend_5_5.11. Komaster now a private variable in board.c.
Revised edge_block_moves() proposes more move types.
Don't crash with assertion failure when `undo'ing at stackp > 0.
- view_pike_5_5.1. Support for multiple engines in view.pike.
- arend_5_5.10. Don't blindly trust owl attack moves against dragons in a semeai.
- paul_5_3.3 (rediffed against current CVS).
Be less optimistic about large bulky eyes.
- paul_5_5.7a. Slightly modified paul_5_5.7
with SGF traces fixed. More aggressive recursive_disconnect2().
- html_pdf_doc_5_5.1. HTML and PDF documentation support in doc/Makefile.
- arend_5_5.9. Endgame test.
- arend_5_5.6. Slowest regression moves.
- arend_5_5.7. time_report() and the 21st century.
- arend_5_5.8. 3 more tests.
Arbiter functionality for `twogtp.pike'.
- arend_5_5.5. Breakin and readconnect fixes.
- paul_5_5.6. paul_5_5_5a was checked in with new features effectively disabled by accident. This patch reenables them.
- splee_5_5.5. Slightly generalized A1124a.
- paul_5_5.5a, the remaining part of paul_5_5.5
after applying paul_5_5.4. First version of Owl threat combinator.
Original version also reverted teun_5_5.2a (accidentially), which is fixed in paul_5_5.5a.
Pattern attributes reimplementation. Rebroken out of paul_5_5.5.
A few previously missed copyright notices updated.
Move valuation patch (was listed as paul_5_5.2).
- paul_5_5.2a, a slightly revised version of
A few test cases from a match between 3.5.4 and 3.4.
- splee_5_5.3. Seki test cases.
- gunnar_5_5.6. analyze_eyegraph improved.
- gunnar_5_5.5. --level can adjust min_level and max_level.
- teun_5_5.2a. Revision of teun_5_5.2. Don't malloc 0 bytes.
- teun_5_5.1a. Revision of teun_5_5.1. Warnings fixed.
- inge_5_5.1. Debugboard mended.
- teun_5_5.3. Bugfix in hashdata_init().
- zm_removal_3_5.1. Memory
allocation option /Zm1100 taken down in patterns.dsp.
- inge_5_5.2. New cache for connection and semeai. However, due to a big breakage the patch was added with most of the changes temporarily disabled.
- gunnar_5_5.4. Owl tuning.
- gunnar_5_5.3. Caching of unbranched owl nodes.
- arend_5_5.4. Source code comments for heap in readconnect.c.
- stephane_5_1.1a. URLs to regression views.
- arend_5_5.3. Complete conversion of break-in code to new cache.
- gunnar_5_5.2. Tuning, mostly owl.
- gunnar_5_5.1. Test cases for 3-3 invasion.
- paul_5_5.1. Yet more features for `twogtp.pike'.
- paul_5_4.4. More correct SGF writing.
Write `--help' and `--version' messages to stdout, not stderr.
- bugfix_5_5.1. Don't overflow in cache size computation.
- arend_5_5.2. Fix TRACE_READ_RESULTS.
- inge_5_4.2a. Revision of inge_5_4.2. Owl uses new cache.
- arend_5_5.1. Tests from the aya game at the CGF meeting.
Patches in 3.5.4
Patches in 3.5.3
Patches in 3.5.2
Patches in 3.5.1
Patches in 3.4.
Patches in 3.3.23
Patches in 3.3.22
Patches in 3.3.21
Patches in 3.3.20
Patches in 3.3.19
Patches in 3.3.18
Some patches that may not be used
Patches in 3.3.17
Patches in 3.3.16
Patches in 3.3.15
Patches in 3.3.14
Patches in 3.3.13
Some unused patches
- gunnar_3_12.6. Revision of special_rescue6_moves().
pogonyshev_3_12.1a. Bugfix in gtp_dragon_data() and examine_position()
inspired by pogonyshev_3_12.1.
Bugfix in gtp_dragon_status(). (Which is not a bug.)
Tactical reading code conversion. This patch will be merged in two pieces.
- pogonyshev_3_12.5. Connection
reading. A good patch but too expensive.
- nando_3_12.3. Reward
multipurpose moves. This patch does well in the regressions, but it is
unclear that it is really a good patch.
- trevor_3_12.6a. Owl tuning.
- evan_3_10.4b. Update
of evan_3_10.1 and
evan_3_10.4. Revision of attack_either() and defend_both(). Still too slow.
evan_3_12.9. Bug in combination.c. But, Arend says it isn't a bug.
- 9x9 auto-generated tests.
At least some of these are valid tests but are not very current.
- olsen_3_12.1. Debugboard is broke, but this patch is too and has not been resubmitted.
- inge_3_10.2a. Rediff of
inge_3_10.2. First go at before move/after move analysis of strategic
effect. A good idea needing more work.
- evan_3_11.3. New
testcase. The test at move 12 might be useable if P2 is replaced by Q2.
- inge_3_10.3. Remove high pattern
values. We're probably not ready for this but useful as a list of
patterns to review.
- pogonyshev_3_10.6. GTP exactlib. Superceded by pogonyshev_3_7.x as implemented in the CVS.
- evan_3_10.6. New
testcase. This patch will not be used.
Patches in 3.3.12
Patches in 3.3.11
Patches in 3.3.10
Patches in 3.3.9
Patches in 3.3.7 (and 3.3.8)
Patches in 3.3.6
Patches in 3.3.5
An unused patch
Patches in 3.3.4
Patches in 3.3.3
Patches in 3.2 and 3.3.2
Patches in 3.1.34
Patches in GNU Go 3.1.33
Patches not used in 3.1.32
- arend_1_33.1. Call hash_init() with
each update_random_seed() call.
- twogtp_1_32.1. Makes twogtp more deterministic. This patch will not be used as written.
- arend_1_30.3. Ko threat revaluation. This patch will probably
be postponed until after 3.2 is released.
Patches in 3.1.32
Patches in 3.1.31
Patches in 3.1.30
Patches in 3.1.29
Patches in 3.1.28
Patches in 3.1.27.
Patches in 3.1.26.
Patches in 3.1.25
Patches in 3.1.24
Patches in 3.1.23
Patches in 3.1.22
Patches in 3.1.21
A patch that was superceded:
Patches in 3.1.20
Patches in 3.1.19
A patch that was revised (inge_1_20.1:)
Patches in 3.1.18
Patches in 3.1.17
Patches in 3.1.16
Patches in 3.1.15:
Rejected patches for 3.1.15:
Patches in 3.1.14:
Patches in 3.1.13:
Patches in 3.1.12:
Patches in 3.1.11:
Patches in GNU Go 3.1.10:
Patches in GNU Go 3.1.9:
Patches in GNU Go 3.1.8:
The following patches will probably not be used in their present form:
Patches in 3.1.7:
- trevor_1_8.2. GTP
showboard enhancements. Trevor may be resubmitting this patch.
fuseki1.tar.gz. Recent fuseki submission by Mans Ullerstam.
Supercedes fuseki.tar.gz. Although we may use a revised
fuseki database there are still some problems with this
- inge_1_7.8. Converts
half_eye_data structure to one-dimensional. Except for
the board traversal macros this is in 3.1.7 and in
- teun_1_7.4. Fixes a memory
leak in gtp_loadsgf.
- inge_1_7.10. One
dimensional conversion of reading.c.
- inge_1_7.7. Converts
heye structure to one-dimensional.
- teun_1_7.3. Sets MAX_BOARD
to 19 and fixes a bug. This patch is now in the CVS.
- trevor_1_7.2. Color
for Windows. This patch is now in the CVS.
- teun_1_7.2. Fixes
an out of bounds violation. This patch is now in the CVS.
- inge_1_7.6. Continued
one-dimensional revision. This patch is now in the CVS.
- trevor_1_7.1. Color
patch. This patch is now in the CVS.
- gunnar_1_7.3. Bugfix
in do_find_superstring. This patch is now in the CVS.
- gunnar_1_7.2. Bugfix
and new owl tests. This patch is now in the CVS.
- gunnar_1_7.1. Bugfix
and tuning. This patch is now in the CVS.
- teun_1_7.1. Fix some
optarg warnings. This patch is now in the CVS.
- tuning_1_7.1. Tuning.
This patch is now in the CVS. (Except that D1132 is type 'B'.)
- inge_1_7.1. One
dimensional stuff. This patch is now in the CVS.
- inge_1_7.2. More one
dimensional stuff. Goes on top of the previous patch.
This patch is now in the CVS.
- inge_1_7.3. One
dimensional stuff. Goes on top of the previous two
patches. This patch is now in the CVS.
- inge_1_7.5. One
dimensional stuff. This patch supercedes inge_1_7.4
and resolves its conflicts with gunnar_1_7.1.
Goes on top of the previous three patches and
gunnar_1_7.1. This patch is now in the CVS.
- tuning_1_7.2. Tuning.
This patch increases the value of Joseki patterns on 9x9
and 13x13 boards and may need discussion. The tuning
part of this patch is in 3.1.7. The changes in shapes.c
Patches for 3.1.6:
- inge_1_7.9. Introduces
a new paradigm for traversing the board. This patch
will probably not be used.
Patches for 3.1.4:
Fixes the crashes in 3.1.5. This is now in the CVS.
- gunnar_1_6.1. Adds two
new board functions. This is now in the CVS.
- backspace_1_4.1. Another
patch that has been proposed for the backspace problem. This
is now in the CVS.
Patches for 3.1.3:
- atarifix_1_4.1. This
patch goes on top of atari_1_4.2 and fixes a serious bug.
Replaced by the following patch in the CVS.
- atarifix_1_4.2. This
alternative patch also goes on top of atari_1_4.2 and fixes
It is currently in the CVS.
- gunnar_1_4.3. Comments
on Indigo 9x9 game and one bugfix in patch form. This patch
is in the CVS for 3.1.4.
- gunnar_1_4.2. Minor
bugfix. Goes on top of gunnar_1_4.1. This patch is
in the CVS for 3.1.4.
Move numbers were printed wrong in ascii mode. This
patch is in the CVS for 3.1.4.
- gunnar_1_4.1. Bugfix
and showtime cleanup. This patch is in the CVS for 3.1.4.
- getopt_1_4.1. Use
gg_getopt_long. This patch is in the CVS for 3.1.4.
- free_1_4.1. Recursively
frees SGF trees. This patch is in the CVS for 3.1.4.
- atari_1_4.1. Atari atari
- atari_1_4.2. Atari atari
revisions. (Can prevent a crash.) Supercedes atari_1_4.2.
This patch is in the CVS for 3.1.4.
- teun_1_4.1. Reorganizes
the liberty arrays. This patch will not be used.
- wolfgang_1_4.2. Proposed
to prevent a backspace crash. Supercedes wolfgang_1_4.1.
This patch will not be used.
Patches for 3.1.2.
Patches in 3.1.1:
Patches for 3.0.1:
- inge_1_3.1. Don't calculate
incremental data at each move while loading an sgf file.
- metamachine_1_3.1. Adds the
gtp engine metamachine in interface/gtp_examples. Requires
GNU Go 3.1.2. Currently doesnt' work with twogtp though
it will manage the regressions.
- gunnar_1_3.1. New
attack pattern and regression.
- gunnar_1_3.2. Obsolete
- gunnar_1_3.3. Replacement value code
- gunnar_1_3.4. Bugfix in
dublin_fix3.2. Fixes an error in the Dublin game with GoAhead.
Supercedes the dublin_fix.3.1.3.
The GNU Go development page
Daniel Bump's Home Page
Last modified: Thu Nov 25 17:44:41 2004