Patches in 2.7.233:
- ko228.1. Superceded by the
- ko228.2. This patch implements
the revised komaster scheme. After this patch, the location
of the komaster point is cached. The changes to cache.* are
deemed reliable. The changes to reading.c and owl.c are in
flux. This patch is merged into (and superceded by) ko228.3.
- gunnar228.1. Bugfix. Superceded
- denholm228.1. This patch claims
a speedup by tweaking the efficiency of the pattern matching.
- denholm228.2. Another pattern
matching tweak. Superceded by denholm228.4.
- denholm228.3. This patch
allows mkpat to allow -m in both dfa and non-dfa mode.
This experimentally moves the anchor stone.
- denholm228.4. Revision of
- inge228.1. This patch by
Inge Wallin reduces the number of function calls by
integrating the incremental board into board.c,
speeding things up by about 5%. Merged into (and
superceded by) ko228.3.
- gunnar228.2. Tuning.
- ko228.3. This unifies the patches
ko228.2 and inge 228.1.
- bump228.1. This patch claims a speedup
by keeping the owl data for dragons not adjacent to the most
recently played dragon. It does substantially speed up play
but caused a crash in one test game. Furthermore it has the
drawback that it will produce moves that cannot be reproduced
even with the same random seed. This patch will not
be used but the idea is worth consideration.
- bump229.1. Another revision
of the komaster scheme. The changes to reading.c seem
good, except that Gunnar has pointed out they increase
the node count. The changes to owl.c also need revision
before this patch can be used.
- teun229.1. This patch revises
the rotated tests.
- teun229.2. new macro
ON_BOARD_FAST using unsigned casts.
- gunnar229.1. Patch from
- unified229.1. This unifies
the patches teun229.1, teun229.2, bump229.2 and
- bump229.3 Revision of bump228.1.
This patch claims a reliable speedup by caching some
information from move to move.
- unified229.2. Basis of 2.7.229.
revision of bump229.3 caching some owl data, unified with gunnar229.1,
teun229.1 and teun229.2.
- teun230.1. Faster ON_BOARD macro.
- gunnar230.1 Revamps ko generation.
- gunnar230.2 Minor speedup.
- showtime230.1 Enhances --showtime output.
- teun230.2. Allows memory model to be
set to an arbitrary size at configure time.
- teun230.3. Compatibility patch
for Mac OS X.
- inge226.1. This patch of Inge Wallin
claims a speedup by partitioning the owl patterns into batches.
Probably this patch will not be used.
- teun231.1 configure test for variadic macros.
This should help build cleanly on Mac OS X.
- gunnar231.1. Scoring patch.
- clock232.1. Clock handling.
- bump229.2. Revision of komaster
scheme. Unlike bump229.1 this version does not break the node
count or owl tests.
- teun232.1. Unfortunately 2.7.231
is broke for very minor reasons for the Mingw and DJGPP
compilers. This patch fixes it.
- gunnar232.1. Performance tuning
- mfgg1.sgf. Game of 2.7.231 with Many
Faces of Go, 4/22/01 on NNGS (first of two).
- mfgg2.sgf. Second game.
- inge232.1. Clear cache incrementally for a
- inge232.2. Delenda Carthago!
- bugfix232.1. Chinese and Japanese
rules were switched.
- gunnar232.2. Fixes a bug which
caused a crash.
- gunnar232.3. Reading code speedup.
- clock232.2. Revision of clock232.1.
- teun232.2. Adds two ko blunders to
- bugfix232.2. Corrects play_ascii.c's
reading of the PL property in SGF files.
- clock232.3. This goes on top of
Patches in 2.7.234:
- komaster232.1. This is the patch
bump229.2 brought up to date. I still want to use this but
need to work on it some more.
- gunnar233.1. Bugfix in eyes.db.
- gunnar233.2. Persistent owl cache.
- teun233.1. Sorts parameters in acconfig.h.
- gunnar233.3. Bugfix.
from Wolfgang Manner is a library of seki and other exotic
positions, and commentary. Recently revised. I should have
put this into 2.7.232 but didn't have time, so it will go
Patches in 2.7.235:
- teun233.2. FIXMEs in sgfnode.c.
- debugboard234.1. From
Alan Crossman and Inge Wallin.
- bump234.1. Certain sgf files could
- sgftrace234.2. Adds komaster traces to
sgf dumps by trymove and tryko. Supercedes sgftrace234.1.
- debugboard234.2. From Inge
Wallin, more debugboard enhancements.
- bump234.2. Moves the IL property to
the end of the node in two sgf files.
Patches rejected or superceded by later patches in 2.7.236:
- gunnar233.4. This longer patch
overlaps with or includes the previous gunnar233.x patches
and contains some additional material, not all of it polished.
This was not used in 2.7.233.
- gunnar235.1. Patch against 2.7.233
which does not merge cleanly with 2.7.234. New function
komaster_trymove integrating move_allowed.
- komaster235.1. Merge of
gunnar235.1 with 2.7.234. I took down the provision
that a filled ko reverts the komaster to EMPTY since
this breaks tripod9.sgf, pending further investigation.
- gunnar235.2. Gunnar's
revision of komaster235.1 merged with material from
- inge236.1. Addresses some FIXME's.
This patch does not apply cleanly to 235 and is superceded
Patches included in 2.7.236:
- heikki235.1. This is heikki234.1
revised to apply cleanly to 2.7.235. Adds killer move
heuristics to reading.c.
- heikki235.2. Not a patch exactly
but Heikki's best current scheme. Promises a speedup.
- heikki236.1. Heikki's second take
on the killer move heuristic.
- km236.1. This is Heikki's patch
heikki236.1 slightly revised to set KILLER_MOVES at
configure time with the --enable-killer-moves option.
- vector1. This file when loaded
with the GTP adjusts the reading parameters to the
vector found by Pierce Wetter, using 2.7.235 format.
- vector236.1. This changes
to the new vector.
- merge236.1. Merge of km236.1
and gunnar236.1. Use with caution, since when you compile with
--enable-killer-moves I think Gunnar's speedup gets disabled.
- fastread.tst. A short reading
test for genetic engineers.
- gunnar234.1. Revision of move_allowed()
This patch will not be used.
- gunnar236.1. Adds shadowing
and persistent caching of tactical reading.
- doc236.1. Komaster documentation.
- inge236.2. Addresses some FIXME's.
- gunnar236.2. Fixes a bug in
double_atari that can cause a crash.
- gunnar236.3. This patch goes
on top of gunnar236.1. It can prevent crashes from the
- play_test236.1. Revision
of play_test. This patch will be revised.
Patches that went into 2.7.237:
Patches for 2.7.238:
- codes237.1. Revises the
return codes of the reading and owl functions. This patch is still
a little broke. It passes the reading regressions but
fails about 10 owl tests indicating lurking bugs.
- merge237.1. Merge of patches
This patch includes the accepted portion of:
heikki237.1 and teun237.1, noreuse237.2, heikki237.2,
tuning237.1 and bugfix237.1.
- tanguy237.3. Latest clock patch.
- inge237.1. Debugboard and doc
- teun237.1. Adds a cutstone testsuite.
- noreuse237.2. Removes the owl
caching scheme implemented in 2.7.229, which was superceded
by the persistent cache implemented in 2.7.236. Supercedes
- heikki237.1. Promises a
- heikki237.2. Modifies -b
- tuning237.1. Minor tuning.
- bugfix237.1. Bugfix in
- tanguy237.1. Implements
dynamic level control.
- tanguy237.2. Goes on
top of the previous patch.
- codes237.1. Revises the
return codes of reading and owl functions. This patch
passes all the reading tests but still breaks about
10 owl tests, so there are still a few bugs to be wrung
- merge237.1. Merge of
most of the above patches, plus new tests and regressions.
- codes237.3. Now possibly
correct successor to codes237.1 and codes237.2.
- teun237.2. Autoconf 2.50
- gunnar237.1. Revises
the superstring code.
Patches which went into 2.7.239:
- tanguy237.3. Implements
dynamic level control with a high resolution clock.
- gunnar238.1. Bugfixes.
- gunnar238.2. More bugfixes
- teun237.1. A portion of this
patch was missed in 237.
- inge237.1. Debugboard and doc
revision. Most of this went into 2.7.237 but the changes to
moyo.c are still pending.
- teun238.1. Further autoconf
- clock238.1. Cleans up
the patch tanguy237.3.
- doc238.1. Doc revision.
- gunnar238.3. Various changes.
Includes gunnar238.1 and gunnar238.2.
Patches in GNU Go 2.7.240:
- score239.1. Fixes --score last
and --score [movenum].
- teun239.1. Require autoconf 2.50.
- score239.2. More elaborate
version reports an alternative computation of the score.
- score239.3. Includes a new
scoring algorithm which is hopefully more accurate. See the
patch comments for the explanation about territorial bubbles.
- teun239.2. Adds one regression.
- inge239.1. FIXMEs fixed.
- configure. Configure file
produced by autoconf-2.50 after teun239.1 patch.
- bugfix239.1. Missing parameters to
is_illegal_ko_capture supplied. Why doesn't the compiler catch this?
- bugfix239.2. Fixes a crash in
this game and includes a bit of owl
tuning also based on this 5x5 game.
- tuning239.1. Minor tuning.
- bugfix239.3. Corrects
incorrectly dimensioned arrays.
- gunnar239.1. Gunnar's patch ...
- gunnar239.2. ... and a minor
- score239.4. New scoring
- teun239.3. Fixes autoconf problems.
- merge239.1. Merge of most current
Patches in GNU Go 2.7.241:
Patches in GNU Go 2.7.242:
Patches in GNU Go 2.7.243:
Patches that went into 2.7.244:
Patches in GNU Go 2.7.245:
- gunnar240.1. Superceded.
- bump240.3. Owl tuning.
- gunnar240.2. Gunnar's latest
- bump240.2. Makes GNU Go
more aggressive about attacking the opponent's last move,
even if it looks already dead.
- dfa240.1. Fixes the dfa which
was broke in 2.7.239.
- bump240.1. New autohelper macro
and other changes.
- score240.1. Bugfixes in
the new scoring function in response to
this game submitted in a
bug report by Jan van der Steen.
- merge240.1. Merge of all
Patches in GNU Go 2.7.246:
- bump245.1. Tuning and some
changes to move valuation.
- silent245.1. Adds silent
- gunnar245.1.gz. Aftermath
revisions and more. Gzipped because of the size of the patch.
Patches in 2.7.250:
Patches in 2.7.249:
- pre247.2. Preview of 2.7.247.
Includes Gunnar's patch.
- gtpdoc247.1. Adds
more gtp documentation.
- century247.1. Changes
which went into the version used in York, Pennsylvania.
- zheng247.2. VC++ stuff.
tanguy249.3. Another dfa patch.
- teun249.3. Another out of
tanguy249.1. Important bugfix in the dfa.
tanguy249.2. Revised scan for patterns.
- teun249.2. Fixes some
out of bounds violations
- ds.tar.gz. This file contains
Trevor Morris' revisions of the .dsp files used to build
- bugfix249.2. Initialize
last move arrays.
- merge249.1. Merge of
gunnar249.1, fixme249.1, fixes the bug found by Teun, and
includes Trevor's revised engine.dsp.
- gunnar249.1. Gunnar's patch.
- teun249.1. A bug.
- fixme249.1. All fixmes classified
as post 3.0. New gtp function top_moves reports up to 10 moves
- engine_dsp249.1. Revised
- mkpat249.txt. Email discussion
of mkpat options for patterns.dsp.
- 2ptkgo.tar.gz. Don Dailey's
perltk program is like twogtp but with a graphical
interface. This is intended to go into GNU Go 3.0.
- teun253.2. For Macintosh
compatibility in the GTP.
- teun253.1. Adds a gtp input
- windows251.1. Teun's revision
- windows251.2. Proposed
WINDOWS based on changes by Teun and Trevor.
- inge251.1. Adds komi to
- VC++ warnings. Warnings currently
found when building with VC++.
1D-2.7.237-0.3.diff.gz. This patch against GNU Go 2.7.237
implements a 1 dimensional board which may be faster.
Here are Inge Wallin's
messages describing the patch.
- 1D246.1.gz. Inge's patch
adapted to 2.7.246.
- borland247.1. Patch
submitted for Borland compatibility. Got broke in the mail.